Thanks to Mary H. of California for sharing this recipe (this was shared with her by Jen M. of Australia )
Photo Credit: by Ma. Nollie Hausman
· 2 lbs fresh pork ham roast (or boneless shoulder picnic roast, a hog's head, or any parts of pork of your choice) - Mary used pork belly w/ skin (hmmm our fave part aside from the meat)
. sliced onion leaves(shallots)
Cooking Procedures :
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a roasting pan.
2. Clean pork ham (or any pork parts of your choice) thoroughly. Dry with paper towels. Rub generously with salt all over.Insert onions inbetween. Transfer to a roasting pan and bake for about 1hr & 20mins (40 minutes per pound). Cover ears of hog's head (if using) to protect from burning.
3. Brush skins with fat drippings from the pan every 10 minutes during the last hour, making the skin crisp.
4. Increase oven heat to 450°F. Roast pork for about 15 minutes more or until golden brown. The skin should be crispy. Internal temperature reading is 170°F.
5. Remove from the oven. Cover with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.
6. Cut into serving pieces and place into a serving platter. Serve with sauce of your choice.